Friday, May 19, 2017

My Not So Perfect Life

My Not So Perfect Life
By Sophie Kinsella
Dial Press, 2017. 434 pgs. Fiction

Katie Brenner, a farm girl from Somerset, is determined to become Kat Brenner, successful London professional.  She wants it all, the lively set of friends, the fulfilling job, the picturesque flat, and the money to enjoy restaurants, clothes and clubs.  But, her London life is less than ideal as she struggles to find friends, lives in a glorified closet, barely manages to budget money for the essentials, and finds herself dyeing her boss’s roots instead of designing brilliant re-branding campaigns. And then things get worse.

My Not So Perfect Life was the perfect book to kick off my summer reading.  It’s light and funny but still perceptive and well balanced.  I am a big fan of Sophie Kinsella (minus her Shopaholic series because the protagonist’s spending habits give me anxiety).  Her chick lit is among the best in the genre.  I always look forward to her new novels and am rarely disappointed.  Sunny reading for sunny days!

CG

No comments: