Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less

Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
By Greg McKeown
Crown Business, 2014. 260 pgs. Nonfiction

If you are looking for a straight forward approach to simplifying your life, give this book a try. McKeown, an MBA graduate from Stanford and a motivational speaker succinctly explains how we can start taking control over our own lives. Rather than continually adding to our to-do lists, we need to be more selective in what we say yes to. Although this may be hard at first, in the end we will be happier and more successful.

I enjoyed listening to the author read this book. I found myself agreeing with him on many points and evaluating how I can improve my own life by being selective in what I let into my sphere of influence. The author focuses on how to implement these practices primarily in the business world, but the principles definitely apply to all aspects of our lives.Now comes the hard work of putting these things into practice!

AMM

No comments: