Thursday, October 29, 2015

Nonrunner’s Marathon Guide for Women

The Nonrunner’s Marathon Guide for Women
By Dawn Dais
Seal Press, 2006. 249 pgs. Nonfiction.

Dawn Dais felt that running was for other people, and that, at least for her, it was not a natural ability that so many others seemed to have. Nevertheless, she embarked on a journey to run a marathon and recorded her experiences along the way. This book serves as a helpful guide for women who want to run a marathon, but aren’t runners and don’t know where to start.

Running a marathon had always been on my bucket list, but I have never, ever, been a runner. By following the training schedule in this book and using it as my main guide and resource, I reached that goal. Unlike other guides for runners, this one stands out because the author is hilarious and hilariously self-deprecating. She’s a regular woman, not an athlete, though she did have experts coaching her. It was the humor and realistic advice that kept me going, and this book is something I would absolutely recommend to any woman who wants to run a full or half marathon. Even if you want to experience it vicariously, I highly recommend this book.

ACS

No comments: