Thursday, October 16, 2014

I Didn't Come Here to Make Friend: Confessions of a Reality Show Villan

Cover image for I didn't come here to make friends : confessions of a reality show villainI Didn't Come Here to Make Friend: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain
By Courtney Robertson
It Books, 2014. 272 pgs. Non-Fiction

I must first give the disclaimer that I am a) embarrassed I  read this book, and b) that I read this book because it is about a reality show I watch that I'm embarrassed to admit I watch . . . The Bachelor (and Bachelorette while I'm being honest). I am new to watching Bachelor franchise shows, so I did not see the season where Courtney Robertson earned the title of 'the Black Widow', and the most heinous villain of reality TV through her snarky comments and inability to get along with the other girls; but ultimately won the heart and proposal of bachelor Ben. But I still wanted to read it to get the inside scoop on how the process works, and if it's 'real' or not.

Courtney tells all, and gives details on the whole process and does ultimately confess that it was very real, and that she did fall in love. She also gives a lot of explanations for her actions during the show, the aftermath of said actions when the show aired, and all the gory details of her prolonged break up with Ben. All in all it was a quick, fluffy, guilty pleasure read that I tore through in one sitting. There is some mature content as Courtney does not spare any details on her relationship with Ben and previous boyfriends.

ZB

No comments: