Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Allegiant

Allegiant
by Veronica Roth Katherine
Tegen Books, 2013. 526 pgs. Young Adult

The faction-based society that Tris and Tobias were once a part of has fallen apart. When they think that the rest of the world needs them, they leave the community they’ve known and discover that Chicago was really just a genetic experiment. The world has become “genetically damaged” and the experiment is meant to fix that. However, the outside society might be just as broken as the experiment.

Without giving anything away, I loved this book and it gave me everything I hoped for. Fans won’t be disappointed, but be prepared. It pulled at my heartstrings and the ending took me by surprise, a very painful, heart-wrenching, I-want-to-crawl-in-a-hole kind of surprise. That being said, I found it to be a very solid and fitting conclusion. Seriously though, the ending hurts, have a box of tissues at the ready.

ACS

No comments: