Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blood Red Road

Blood Red Road
By Moira Young
Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2011. 459 pgs. Young Adult

In a distant future, eighteen-year-old Lugh is kidnapped, and while his twin sister Saba and nine-year-old Emmi are trailing him across bleak Sandsea they are captured, too, and taken to brutal Hopetown, where Saba is forced to be a cage fighter until new friends help plan an escape.

This was an interesting dystopian novel that I think fans of Hunger Games will enjoy. There is a lot of action and a touch of romance. It took me a while to get used to the dialect and was a little slow to start; but by the end, I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Blood Red Road is the first book in this series. I look forward to meeting this author when she comes to the Library on October 11th!

AMM

1 comment:

BHG said...

The dialect and lack of quotation marks made this a bit halting for me to read, but I still thought this was an exciting story. I really liked how the main character progressed from an unassertive girl to a strong kick-butt character by the end.