Monday, May 16, 2011

I Still Have It, I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It: Confessions of a Fiftysomething

I Still Have It, I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It: Confessions of a Fiftysomething
By Rita Rudner
Harmony Books, 2008. 251 pgs. Nonfiction

Few books make me smile and fewer still make me laugh. This had me busting up. Rita Rudner is a comedienne, actress, and a writer who has crafted a collection of humorous episodes that depict the darker side of turning 50. One of the things I liked about this is that it was mature humor but without the profane and vulgar language of many of today's stand up comedians. While I did feel that there was some unevenness in the quality, this is a truly funny book. I found many passages where I just wanted to turn to someone and ask "you wanna hear something hilarious?"

SML

No comments: