Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters

My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters
By Sydney Salter
Graphia, 2009. 345 pgs. Young Adult

Jory Michaels (a.k.a Super Schnozz) is determined to have a good summer; she's gotten a job and is saving up for a nose job. However, the job requires driving (something Jory isn't great at), one of Jory's best friends seems to be hooking up with her crush, and Jory can't seem to find anything that she's good at and wants to spend her summer doing.

Jory's journey of discovery is something I can sympathize with; I would say the majority of teen girls could relate to feeling insecure and unloved. However, I didn't really enjoy the book. It just wasn't anything special, and I find myself wishing I'd stopped reading it and found something more enjoyable instead.

AE

No comments: