Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Before My Heart Stops

Before My Heart Stops: A Memoir
By Paul Cardall
Shadow Mountain, 2010. 275 pgs. Biography

Paul Cardall has been one of my favorite musicians for many years. His music has always been able to provide me with peace and comfort. I knew that he had some heart problems but until I read this book I didn't realize how many times his life has come close to ending. This memoir is a compilation of blog entries that Paul Cardall wrote while waiting for a new heart from 2008 - 2009. Through his entries you learn of past surgeries he has had to endure, the trials he has had to face, and his incredible testimony of putting your trust and faith in a loving Heavenly Father and in the plan that he has for each one of us.

At first I wasn't sure I would like rereading old blog entries but it made the whole experience more real because I got to experience the emotions as Paul and his family dealt with so much uncertainty. It has a different feel than someone writing a book after they have made it through and have a happy ending to tell. The Cardall family wasn't sure what kind of ending they would have.
I was deeply touched by this book. The quotes and stories that are shared in this memoir can help anyone going through any kind of trial. I highly recommend this book.

AL

No comments: