Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dinner Is Ready

Dinner Is Ready: A Complete Guide To Freezing 30 Meals In Just One Day
By Deanna Buxton
Granite Publications, 2002. 238 pgs. Nonfiction

This is a guide to making 30 meals all in one day, and includes over 150 recipes of meals that can be frozen. This is really quick to get through, as only about a third of the book talks about how to actually get everything done in one day, and the rest is filled with recipes. I especially liked the recipes because they are quick and easy to do - you won't find too many with tons of ingredients and steps.

So did I do it? I paired it down to 10 meals for my first trial-run. I spent about $50 on the groceries, and about 2 hours in the kitchen, and packed 9 meals away in the freezer (we ate the 10th that night). I actually found the process kind of fun, and the tips and guidelines she gives in the instructional part of the book really did help a lot as I put this all together. Plus, what I've eaten so far was yummy!

BG

1 comment:

ER said...

I am terrible at cooking consistently, which makes dinner a special challenge. A friend recommended I take a look at this book, and I really think this is the answer to my dinner problem! While I don’t have an entire day to dedicate to meal prep and my freezer space is at a premium, the principles shared by the author still work wonders on a smaller scale. I had to split my efforts into two days, but ended up with seven meals in my freezer. Don’t judge this one by its cover, it still has great tips and tricks for making meal prep en masse a lot easier.