Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sleeping Murder

Sleeping Murder
By Agatha Christie
Dodd Mead, 1976. 242 pgs. Mystery

Newly married Gwenda, when searching for a house in England, knows she has found the perfect home in the villa named Hillside. It felt like home the minute she stepped inside. The longer she lives there, the more she experiences déjà vu moments and begins to wonder if the house is haunted or if she is just losing her mind. Meeting up with Miss Marple through an acquaintance, Gwenda along with her husband Giles, decide that the answer may be in Gwenda's childhood and the disappearance of her stepmother. But will they heed Miss Marple’s warning to let sleeping murders lie?

I have read many of Christie’s works and I would have to say this is one of her best. The person I knew had to have done it was innocent. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a mystery that tricked me like that. I highly recommend this cozy mystery.

KK

No comments: