Monday, October 26, 2009

Bed in a Tree and Other Amazing Hotels from Around the World

Bed in a Tree and Other Amazing Hotels from Around the World
By Bettina Kowalewski
DK. 2009. 239 pgs. Nonfiction

A handpicked selection of 27 extraordinary hotels from around the world. Every hotel offers an unforgettable and original place to stay. Hotels spotlighted include the Ice Hotel in Sweden, an actual bed in a tree, a room underwater, a wine barrel and even a night in a suitcase! Each hotel entry suggests three interesting, and often unusual, things to do nearby.

A few years ago I slept in a wigwam in Holbrook, AZ on Route 66. So when I saw this book, I knew I needed to check it out. I love the idea of staying in an unusual hotel and enjoyed “traveling” from Canada to Germany to South Africa as I explored this picturesque volume.

AMM

No comments: