Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ghost Story

GHOST STORY: Peter Straub: Pocket Books: Fiction: 567 pgs.

The four old members of the Chowder Society have lived very comfortable, prosperous lives in the little town of Milburn, NY. They meet regularly to tell ghost stories but soon the stories seem to take on a life of their own. Milburn is under seige from an evil force determined to take revenge, on the members of the Chowder Society and the town, for a crime that happened 50 years ago.

This book has many different characters and several different story lines so I found myself getting a little confused at the beginning but I was soon drawn into the story. There was one part that was pretty intense and I jumped out of my chair when something fell off the counter for no apparent reason.

AL

No comments: