Friday, August 22, 2008

The Secret Hour

THE SECRET HOUR: Scott Westerfeld: Eos: Young Adult: 297 pgs.

Fifteen-year-old Jessica Day has just moved from Chicago to Bixby, Oklahoma. After just a few weeks in Bixby she learns that she is one several people who have special abilities. These teenagers fight ancient creatures living in an hour hidden at midnight; creatures that seem determined to destroy Jess.

The Secret Hour as well as the other books in the Midnighters trilogy are popular with teens. These books are full of adventure, suspense, and a little romance thrown in for good measure. Scott Westerfeld's books are extremely well liked.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I will admit, I enjoy listening to books more than reading them, but this book kept my attention. I couldn’t wait till I could get back to it to see what happens next. Even though it has a female lead character teen guys will enjoy this series.

Breanne said...

I enjoyed the first book, it's simple and easy to read, but I didn't really start to get excited about this series until I read the second book.