Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fast Food Nation

FAST FOOD NATION: Eric Schlosser: Houghton Mifflin: Nonfiction: 356 pgs.

After watching the documentary Supersize Me and wanting to learn more about the fast food industry, I ended up listening to the audio version of this book. Now I understand why even six years after its publication, this book remains one of the most highly circulating nonfiction books at the library.

After reading this book, I will never think of the food I consume in the same way ever again. This book has made me more aware of the process of how food gets from the field to my mouth. Not only does the author describe what goes on at fast food restaurants, he also describes how the industry was born, grew, and developed. A very thought-provoking book, plus read by a reader who kept it interesting.

RP

No comments: