Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Wisdom of Menopause

THE WISDOM OF MENOPAUSE: Christiane Northrup, M.D.: Bantam Books: Nonfiction: 589 pages

This was a mercy reading. My sister who lives in a non-libraried part of Idaho, asked me to read this book. She had been impressed with this very well respected author while watching a PBS TV program. Her question was, "should I buy the book?" My answer, NO! I dragged myself through 3/4 of the the book before I found anything I considered useful. However, in defense of the book, if you are having a midlife crisis, gotten or getting a divorce and need mental support that you are doing the correct thing, by all means read this book. For me, the majority of this book seemed to be the author's own whinny self-therapy session. The parts that were helpful (diets, medical terminology etc.) seemed scrambled and difficult to understand. I did finish the book but it exhausted my brain and my patience.

mpb

No comments: