Thursday, August 9, 2007

Charles Kuralt's America

CHARLES KURALT'S AMERICA: Charles Kuralt: Simon & Schuster Audio: nonfiction
I have always loved Charles Kuralt. I love his wit, wisdom and humor. The sound of his voice makes me smile. This audio book is in his signature style, talking to locals with unique stories in unique American towns. Kuralt visits his 12 favorite places during the course of 12 months including Sly, Minn. and Grandfather, North Carolina. I enjoyed these tapes and do recommend them to anyone. I was, however, a bit taken aback by what seemed a little bitterness in his voice when referring to his former employer. Of course you can read the book (279 pages) instead of listening, but half the fun of Charles Kuralt is closing your eyes and imagining you are there somewhere in some unique American town listening to the locals who give America her flavor.
mpb

No comments: