Monday, May 14, 2007

Women of Nauvoo

WOMEN OF NAUVOO: Richard Neitzel Holzapfel: Bookcraft Inc.: Nonfiction: 225 pages

Utilizing the invaluable Relief Society minutes from the period, as well as the letters, diaries, and recollections of the women who lived in the “City of Joseph,” the authors provide an illuminating account of the sinter Saints’ Nauvoo experience.

This well-researched and engaging book represents the authors’ effort to rediscover and recall the rich spiritual heritage left by the courageous and dedicated women of Nauvoo, whose story in many cases has been left untold.

I really enjoyed this book! I have had a fascination with Nauvoo for many years and really loved reading about the experiences of the women from that time period. The book skipped around a bit, but overall it was an excellent read. I really feel like I got to know the women of Nauvoo as real people as I read this book.

AMM

No comments: