Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Peeps

PEEPS: Scott Westerfeld: Penguin Group: Young Adult: 312 pages

Nineteen-year-old Cal, a Texas transplant, lost his virginity–and a lot more–when he first arrived in New York City. He became a parasite-positive, or peep–he prefers not to use the v-word. Now he works for the Night Watch, a secret branch of city government dedicated to tracking others of his kind. Unlike the rare natural carriers like Cal, who has acquired night vision, superhuman strength, and a craving for lots of protein, most peeps are insane cannibals lurking in darkness. But now the teen has found the young woman who infected him–and learns that something worse than peeps is threatening the city, and he is on the front lines.

One of my friends recommended that I read this book. I had read other books by this author and had just finished Twilight, so I was ready for another vampire book. I liked how Scott Westerfeld addressed vampires in this book and that it was a little more scientific. I would recommend this book to boys because it is a fast read and it is a little bit disgusting since it discusses parasites and worms.

AMM

No comments: