Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This Year I Will...

THIS YEAR I WILL…HOW TO FINALLY CHANGE A HABIT, KEEP A RESOLUTION, OR MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE: M.J. Ryan: Broadway Books: Nonfiction: 226 pages

In any given new year, fast forward a few months (or a few weeks) and most peoples' resolutions have been either forgotten or abandoned. Author and life coach M.J. Ryan outlines a concrete and practical strategy for following through on a resolution while dealing with life's other ups and downs. The encouraging, easy-to-read chapters tackle the obstacles that keep readers from their goals and provide helpful tools and language to stop negative, self-defeating thoughts. This Year I will… proves welcome for anyone seeking gentle but solid help in achieving personal change.

I picked up this book shortly after the New Year. I had ordered the book for the library a few months previous and the concept sounded interesting. Ryan’s approach is straight forward and her suggestions make a lot of sense. I don’t think that she had any earth shattering ideas that have not been presented in other similar books, but this was a good read. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an outline of how to make some changes in their life.

AMM

No comments: